1. Sauté the bacon and 50 g onion cubes in butter. Add the apricots and cranberry jam and cook briefly.
2. Plate the meat thinly, lay out flat and season with salt and pepper. Spread the filling on top, fold the meat in on the sides, roll it up and close it with a roulade needle.
3. Season the roulades with salt and pepper on the outside and fry them in hot fat in a casserole. Take out of the pot and set aside. Roast the diced vegetables in a saucepan, add tomato paste and roast briefly. Deglaze with red wine.
4. Put the roulades back into the stock and simmer over medium heat with the lid closed for about 1 hour. If necessary, add a little water in between.
5. When the meat is tender, remove the roulades. Strain the stock, thicken with starch and season to taste. Arrange the finished venison roulades with the sauce. It goes well with red cabbage and potato dumplings or fried potato noodles.
We recommend the Störtebeker Scotch Ale or Störtebeker Stark beer as an accompaniment.
Ingredients for 4 persons:
8 slices of venison from the top shell
100 g cranberry jam
100 g carrots, diced
100 g celery, diced
50 g bacon, diced
50 g dried apricots, finely chopped
50 g tomato paste
2 onions, finely diced
500 ml red wine
salt and pepper
Braugasthaus - Störtebeker Brauquartier